Here we go again on a Monday too
Doing forty miles an hour maybe forty two.
I'm always a careful driver where did he come from?
"Morning sir. L.A.P.D Nice BMW. Hell, you were going like a bomb."
"Officer I was doing forty, maybe forty two I was doing the same
As all three lanes about three hundred folks, and you."
"Well it just isn't your lucky day boy no matter what your speed
Surprises me you knew how fast, does that mean you can read? "
I gripped the wheel tighter I could hear the leather squeak
"Do you mind if I look inside your trunk so I can take a peek? "
Hot wire coursing through my veins I gently turned the key.
"You going somewhere special boy or just cruising round the streets? "
"I was trying to get myself to work, I'll probably be late."
"Then you'd better call your boss right now you'll be in PRECINCT 968."
"Can I ask why I'm being arrested? Why I've been singled out alone? "
"I don't know yet. I haven't thought. I'll let you know fore noon."
Whilst looking at my license. "Any weapons Com-Leroy-Bold
You n****** got some funny names! " It's then my blood ran cold.
"I've got a Heckler and Koch in the glove box, and a shopping list on the seat, are you a real law enforcer or some joker off the street? "
"Well your days may well be numbered, I'm sick and tired of this s***.
You see my name is not Com Leroy Bold that's the title that befits.
So don't get flushed with anger you've already got that hate
because I'm on my way to work just now and it's terrible that I'm late.
Because I'm COMMANDER-Leroy-Bold your new boss at 9-6-8! "
Craig Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (PLEASE...Not Again. by Craig Anderson )
- Planet Hollywood Birthdays, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Don't, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Reflection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Marks Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(1644 - 1694)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1716 - 1784)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)