Here we go again on a Monday too
Doing forty miles an hour maybe forty two.
I'm always a careful driver where did he come from?
"Morning sir. L.A.P.D Nice BMW. Hell, you were going like a bomb."
"Officer I was doing forty, maybe forty two I was doing the same
As all three lanes about three hundred folks, and you."
"Well it just isn't your lucky day boy no matter what your speed
Surprises me you knew how fast, does that mean you can read? "
I gripped the wheel tighter I could hear the leather squeak
"Do you mind if I look inside your trunk so I can take a peek? "
Hot wire coursing through my veins I gently turned the key.
"You going somewhere special boy or just cruising round the streets? "
"I was trying to get myself to work, I'll probably be late."
"Then you'd better call your boss right now you'll be in PRECINCT 968."
"Can I ask why I'm being arrested? Why I've been singled out alone? "
"I don't know yet. I haven't thought. I'll let you know fore noon."
Whilst looking at my license. "Any weapons Com-Leroy-Bold
You n****** got some funny names! " It's then my blood ran cold.
"I've got a Heckler and Koch in the glove box, and a shopping list on the seat, are you a real law enforcer or some joker off the street? "
"Well your days may well be numbered, I'm sick and tired of this s***.
You see my name is not Com Leroy Bold that's the title that befits.
So don't get flushed with anger you've already got that hate
because I'm on my way to work just now and it's terrible that I'm late.
Because I'm COMMANDER-Leroy-Bold your new boss at 9-6-8! "
Craig Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (PLEASE...Not Again. by Craig Anderson )
- Holloween Party, Narayana Raghavan
- The Vulture, Curtlan Popo
- Plenty Thirst Century, Curtlan Popo
- A Damp Bathroom Wall Speaks To You, Narayana Raghavan
- Why I'm You, Curtlan Popo
- Your Eyes, C J Browning
- Glamour Bloggers, Salmon Gobblers and Ca.., Curtlan Popo
- It's Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- Threads Of The Matrix, Curtlan Popo
- A crab is a crab, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)