Where have all the good boys gone?
They seem to’ve melted with the snow.
The naked trees sense something wrong
and whisper lines from long ago.
The freezing flocks of crying crows,
they scream their vows and then ignite.
A slew of murder, as it goes,
with molten feathers, mourns the fight.
The willows wade in tears below
and bent their branches down and wept
as sadness rattled through their bones
and wondered where the good boys went.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (phantASM by Joliene Mahan )
- Where would I be?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Naked, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Control Freak, Chris Broast Broast
- Love Poison, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Mandatory, michael walkerjohn
- A Kiss for advice., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sentence Bouquets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love's Voice, michael walkerjohn
- On My Way To River, Fatima Nusairat
- Encompassing Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)