Perhaps..... ['global warming' and Mankind; some thoughts]
Al Gore was almost once our head of state.
Now in movie he says it’s near too late......
to keep storms, drought, and oceans from swarming....
over us. He calls it “global warming”.
In a way it’s sad that it may be true.
[Drastic changes could Man’s proposed future undo,
but I think convenience forms Man’s path.
Consumption may bring to Mankind great wrath.]
Perhaps as in Bible story of Flood
not all Mankind will be buried in “mud”.
Perhaps survival instinct will kick in,
and some segment of Mankind will still “win”.....
....to live on with grandkids on their knees,
if “God” or “Mother Nature” it does please.
I don’t know if I care more or care less...
than you, the reader, care about this mess.
I really don’t think Men should live so long
or guzzle gas as they listen to song.
Perhaps it’s now our species’ turn to end....
and end the need, from ourselves, to defend.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i hope you've enjoyed this little romp through my mind as it was 6 years ago.........and still is.
Comments about this poem (Perhaps..... ['global warming' and Mankind; some thoughts] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)