Perhaps..... ['global warming' and Mankind; some thoughts]
Al Gore was almost once our head of state.
Now in movie he says it’s near too late......
to keep storms, drought, and oceans from swarming....
over us. He calls it “global warming”.
In a way it’s sad that it may be true.
[Drastic changes could Man’s proposed future undo,
but I think convenience forms Man’s path.
Consumption may bring to Mankind great wrath.]
Perhaps as in Bible story of Flood
not all Mankind will be buried in “mud”.
Perhaps survival instinct will kick in,
and some segment of Mankind will still “win”.....
....to live on with grandkids on their knees,
if “God” or “Mother Nature” it does please.
I don’t know if I care more or care less...
than you, the reader, care about this mess.
I really don’t think Men should live so long
or guzzle gas as they listen to song.
Perhaps it’s now our species’ turn to end....
and end the need, from ourselves, to defend.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i hope you've enjoyed this little romp through my mind as it was 6 years ago.........and still is.
Comments about this poem (Perhaps..... ['global warming' and Mankind; some thoughts] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen