One Rainy Night
One part of droplet is the light
It keeps a poor thought inside,
It makes the water just fall down
To fix the mind by loner thrown.
It`s raining hard, all streets are wet,
The city looks like spider`s net
With tens of crystal cold eyes.
It sleeps in silence, piles wise.
All people pass the storefronts
Just going-round road ponds,
Umbrellas taking in the hands,
Enjoying time the weather lends.
They harry up to their love
To stray among of feeling grove,
To visit home with piece of warm,
To shut the face from shame storm.
The rain is a wonder time,
To think about soul`s prime,
To watch the sun inside the heart
And love someone, believing start.
Ekaterina Polischuk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Rainy Night by Ekaterina Polischuk )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Frederick George Scott
(7 April 1861 – 19 January 1944)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)