One Last Poem
My heart feels as if it's going to explode.
I feel so deathly sad and all alone.
Not empty in any way,
I know this because the pain is so intense,
it's approaching a level that's insane.
If I could cry anymore I would openly weep,
but I'm all cried out,
dehydrated from all the days and nights
I've lied in bed crying myself to sleep,
wishing that I were dead.
You might ask if I truly have a heart,
and I don't blame you not one bit.
I assure you that I do.
It's filled with immense love,
but tons of sorrow and regret too.
So one last poem before I retire.
I just needed to expel the overwhelming
feelings from inside,
an intense, blazing, raging sad fire
that just hurts my heart,
it makes my stomach sick and I double over.
Just one last poem to artistically cry out.
It's not very good
but the hell with it.
My last poem, my heart, and stomach
are hurting so bad inside.
I'm intensely weeping.
Goodbye here from my last sub standard poem.
I've lost my drive, my heart, that helped me write.
I resign from this art
I can't continue on.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Last Poem by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)