Once In a Lifetime
She un-folded the lawn chair,
Placed it on the flat surface
Of her driveway.
The chair's rusted aluminum squeaked
As she lowered herself onto it,
Discovering a comfort
Expressed in the simple context of:
I opened two beers,
Handed one to her.
We took a few sips,
Then looked at the moon.
It was glinting bright enough
To where its glow touched
The horizon coated with city lights.
Illuminated like a stagnant sunrise.
'That's a Super Moon.' I said. 'It's a once in a lifetime moment
To see the moon this way.'
Her feet angled pigeon toed
As she stood.
Next to her.
Using a feather-like-touch
She rested her head
On my shoulder.
Massaged my neck,
As she commented:
'Let's comprise our whole lives
'This what? ' I questioned.
She looked at me
Her teeth shimmered in the moonlight.
'Once in a lifetime moments.'
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Once In a Lifetime by A.j. Binash )
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
- May I help you, gajanan mishra
- UNPROVEN FALSEHOOD, johnny case
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)