Old Yogurt...... [food; humor; me; cousin request]
I’ve just had old yogurt on oatmeal with strawberry jam.
It’s better than corn flakes and marmalade with old stinky ham.
I say OLD yogurt because it was the last of last batch.....
which, at home, with yogurt-starter and fresh milk we hatch.
No, the old yogurt was good. No mold I found there,
but if I’d found mold I’d have removed it with meticulous care,
and added the moldy yogurt to food scraps.... for our compost,
and used what yogurt was left, with peanut butter, on buttered French toast.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Old Yogurt...... [food; humor; me; cousin request] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall