Old Yogurt...... [food; humor; me; cousin request]
I’ve just had old yogurt on oatmeal with strawberry jam.
It’s better than corn flakes and marmalade with old stinky ham.
I say OLD yogurt because it was the last of last batch.....
which, at home, with yogurt-starter and fresh milk we hatch.
No, the old yogurt was good. No mold I found there,
but if I’d found mold I’d have removed it with meticulous care,
and added the moldy yogurt to food scraps.... for our compost,
and used what yogurt was left, with peanut butter, on buttered French toast.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Old Yogurt...... [food; humor; me; cousin request] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou