Concrete jungle, crooked world like a portrait on the wall.
No inspiration to cling to so we are bound to fall.
Admiring figures that had no father figures.
Lights, cameras, and vixens in the videos depicting the rewards of pursing dollar figures.
Career choices seem limited from field, court to a mic.
We dismiss scholarly roles for paper to negate mama's bills.
Due to God given skills, miseducation and single parent homes,
we splurge, surrender to the body's natural urge.
Young bucks learning curve comes from the streets known to watch souls leave the innocent like a blackout.
Such a secular world, I mean circular.
Every minute is a gift, life is square.
Box of positives, four by six perfect,
when living for the One and only.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Negatives by Alex Kenneh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel