Concrete jungle, crooked world like a portrait on the wall.
No inspiration to cling to so we are bound to fall.
Admiring figures that had no father figures.
Lights, cameras, and vixens in the videos depicting the rewards of pursing dollar figures.
Career choices seem limited from field, court to a mic.
We dismiss scholarly roles for paper to negate mama's bills.
Due to God given skills, miseducation and single parent homes,
we splurge, surrender to the body's natural urge.
Young bucks learning curve comes from the streets known to watch souls leave the innocent like a blackout.
Such a secular world, I mean circular.
Every minute is a gift, life is square.
Box of positives, four by six perfect,
when living for the One and only.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Negatives by Alex Kenneh )
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
- Pain Behind a fake Smile, Curtis Brown
- Faiths gate opens on a garden of peace, Mark Heathcote
- Emotional Hardship, Sandra Feldman
- Untouched, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)