My Dad's Work
My mother shouts at me and says,
"Don't play ‘catch the ball',
The noise will disturb your father,
He's on a conference call."
My father said, "Please, my son,
Around the house don't prance,
I am really very busy now,
I am doing my finance."
My dad always talks about,
Sensex and economy,
The stock market and the bond market,
Really drives me crazy.
If my dad had to work at home,
He would do all this,
But fortunately for me,
He works at his office.
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dad's Work by Varun Sivashankar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo