My Dad's Work
My mother shouts at me and says,
"Don't play ‘catch the ball',
The noise will disturb your father,
He's on a conference call."
My father said, "Please, my son,
Around the house don't prance,
I am really very busy now,
I am doing my finance."
My dad always talks about,
Sensex and economy,
The stock market and the bond market,
Really drives me crazy.
If my dad had to work at home,
He would do all this,
But fortunately for me,
He works at his office.
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dad's Work by Varun Sivashankar )
- The tombs' people, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- why, kkc bba
- She Is Doing Her Happy Dance, Ronell Warren Alman
- IT's not unusual, george albot
- a break, kkc bba
- You Are Ever Sweet, Pintu Mahakul
- It is better, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Kilimanjaro, Tony Adah
- Caught in Rainy Weather, Nia Schexnider
- And we danced, Fluorescent Reality