My Company, Will Kill You.
Some. Have dreams. About a California shore.
They fantasize about the salt water.
Cleaning their wounds.
I am paused. Atop my air mattress.
Stabbing the mainline,
For a rush of creativity.
Staring at a blank page.
Inhaling the permanent marker
And roses smell.
Wafting in through my window.
Or is it early mornings?
In my eyes
If not for the overcast,
I wouldn’t be able
To distinguish a difference.
Little red veins
Are sprawled across
The whites of my eyes.
And I think of the California shore.
And I would love to piss in it.
Then I can be carried
Inside a harlot’s infection.
I’ll be the promise
To the porn director:
It’s only temporary.”
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Company, Will Kill You. by A.j. Binash )
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)