Morning Park Ride
Riding my bicycle along the wooded path.
The air is like the first air on earth,
cool, crisp, refreshing.
It energizes my soul completely.
The beautiful river flowing
just beyond the walking
path to one side.
Here a squirrel, there a bird scurrying and
hopping up and down the trail
and over to the nearest tree.
The sing song voices,
of young Asian girls,
chatting it up.
Walking in a groups together,
they form a joy luck club parade.
Geese flying high above,
on wind engulfed wings,
serenading like so many
feathered french horns.
Gentle people walking their dogs,
soft coats and wet noses,
adored and beautiful.
Beloved best friends
in this life.
Slender young boy, bike parked
by the pond, wanders along,
breathing in all of nature.
Oblivious to the fact that
he should be in school.
Peer pressure, academic stress.
His lessons better learned here
beneath the wise oak tree.
The river tells him tales of the
past as she whispers in
his ear, the same lullaby
that she sang to young
native Indian boys
a few hundred years
Would it be so wrong if he
could stay here forever.
Some day earn
a right livelihood
caring for this sanctuary.
I must return home but
like the young boy,
I want to stay
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morning Park Ride by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)