Palas Kumar Ray
Miss You Cosera
I miss my friend Cosera.She is missing.
I am worried about her laptop.
It was friendly when she reported last
on this friday morning from
the land of the Humming Bird
'lere' of the Arawaks
The Island of the Trinity
La Isla de la Trinidad
as Christopher Columbus
Though we always remain
at nine and a half hour-hand
though our mornings
never meet each other
though we always look
at the other side of this sky
our ethereal soul would meet
the anatomy of hearts.
We would jointly look
into the abyss of the time bygone
and would feel the thrill of exploring
the match in our chromosomal types.
I miss you spicy, I miss you.
I miss the taste of your hand-
made saada roti and choka
I miss the aroma of your tawah and chulha
I miss your peaceful morning
feeding the folks of hungry birds.
Fight Cosera fight.
Fight with the mechanic to deliver
your laptop fast
completely repaired and free from all bugs
for this heart
is too fragile a thing
which breaks too often or at least
gets deleted in a computer crash
you are someone
I am missing so much.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Miss You Cosera by Palas Kumar Ray )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson