Marriage Is....... [aspects of marriage; some personal thoughts from a three-time 'loser']
I’m a man who likes marriage, though it doesn’t always like me.
I’m in my fourth (three divorces): may be my last; we’ll see.
Marriage is a tumble. Sometimes I stumble, may even have rumble.
Marriage could be better were both spouses more humble.
It’s a joining of bodies and souls confronting each day
and confronting each other, at rest, and at work, and at play,
with thoughts, emotions, words (or not) , and activities....
varying according to each partner’s proclivities.
It’s sharing life between two people, for “better or worse”,
and often sharing meals, and bedroom, and bathroom, and even “purse”.
Kids or pets, added to marriage, may give it needed zest,
but may also be problematic, like problems on a test.
A mix of emotional and material desires
will sometimes fan OR dowse two people’s nuptial fires.
And though it may be convenient to just say marriage is “love-driven”,
I suggest you can also say at times: “I’m sorry”, and “You are forgiven”.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Marriage Is....... [aspects of marriage; some personal thoughts from a three-time 'loser'] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man He Killed, Thomas Hardy
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- God, ! - Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai