Palas Kumar Ray
Time and again I come back to time.
More I speak about time more I feel
I have not spoken enough about time.
I have witnessed time in more shapes
than I could have narrated elsewhere.
There are many impressions of time
deeply embedded in abyss of my mind.
I feel the urge for digging much deeper
to explore fossil reminiscences of time.
There came a time when hardly could I
Move anything applying all my forces.
All my efforts would always go in vain.
Nothing would yield positive till end.
Time would laugh at my helplessness.
My logical mind would fail to explain
Why everything went wrong with me.
And in contrast I have also witnessed
time when everything went too easily
things would move almost effortlessly
like a magic show, leaving me surprised.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magic Time by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
- The Road That Leads To There, Is It Poetry
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns