M.Tsvetaeva, Tverskaya [street] - translation (rus.)
by Marina Tsvetaeva
Here's the world, where the show-windows're shining,
Here's - the Tverskaya street, worth to grieve about.
Who is better for Asya in need, than Marina?
Who is better for me, than so dear Asya?
We are walking together, excited,
Absorbing all around: sunset, lanterns, voices,
And lowering our eyes for sometimes
Under the glare of somebody.
It is only for us, with shining fires,
And the Moscow april evening - only for us.
To all adults - the street,
we are fond of Tverskaya,
That's the cradle of half-adult's hearts.
That's - the cradle of a gold dawn cheering,
And surprise of the things, given by dawn...
Here's the window with Tate's brilliants,
Here's - another window with fires burned...
We shall catch all by our senses or faith,
All the understar distance or the heaven's breadth!
And towering above the grey square
The Maundy Monastery is turning scarlet.
We are going, never stopping a talk.
All are dear - words, dear all are - the features!
Oh, the unforgettable april - and Tverskaya all,
Was the cradle of our youth, riches!
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, Tverskaya [street] - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman