M.Tsvetaeva, Who's made from a stone... - translation (rus.)
Who's made from a stone, or a clay mold,
Only I - is a flash, is a silver.
My name of a traitor, my name is Marina -
I'm - the mortal ocean foam.
Who's made from a clay, from a flesh only -
For those - the tombs and the stone flags...
In a sea bath christened, I'm going,
I'm flying high - and incessantly smashed.
All other hearts through, all the nets through -
My self-will will go one time.
Why do you think - do you see my curls dissolute -
That I'd be the earth salt once?
While I'm splitting, met with your granit knees,
But with every wave - I rise up again and again!
Long live the sea foam - the foam merry -
The high sea foam - I pray!
20 may 1920
Lyudmila31 Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, Who's made from a stone... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns