M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E.- 2 - Translation (rus.)
As the see-weeds are your limbs, say,
As the boughs of willows of Malmaison...
So you were lying in the foam splash,
Stopping with your mind vacant
On the light-golden melons -
The aquamarine and chrysoprase
Of the blue-green, grey-bluish,
Always half-closed eyes.
The arrows of sun were flying forward,
And waves - were the lions crazy.
So you were lying, too white though,
Out from the unbearable azure...
Behind the back was empty desert,
And somwhere the Jankoi's station...
And silently there shined the melons
As gold under your long hand stretched.
So, precious and calm in manner
You are lying, giving no look,
But when you dart it - then the battle
Will rise up, mountains will move
Into the seas, and new moons shine up,
And lions in the joy will lie -
According to direction of your young such,
Magnificent your head this time.
1 august 1913
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Marina Tsvetaeva
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E.- 2 - Translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The King, Michael P. McParland
- Envisage Belongings, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Die of Thousands Deaths, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Provocation! ! !, george albot
- Born as human, hasmukh amathalal
- New Years Heart, Ron Baratono
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey