M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E.- 2 - Translation (rus.)
As the see-weeds are your limbs, say,
As the boughs of willows of Malmaison...
So you were lying in the foam splash,
Stopping with your mind vacant
On the light-golden melons -
The aquamarine and chrysoprase
Of the blue-green, grey-bluish,
Always half-closed eyes.
The arrows of sun were flying forward,
And waves - were the lions crazy.
So you were lying, too white though,
Out from the unbearable azure...
Behind the back was empty desert,
And somwhere the Jankoi's station...
And silently there shined the melons
As gold under your long hand stretched.
So, precious and calm in manner
You are lying, giving no look,
But when you dart it - then the battle
Will rise up, mountains will move
Into the seas, and new moons shine up,
And lions in the joy will lie -
According to direction of your young such,
Magnificent your head this time.
1 august 1913
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Marina Tsvetaeva
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, To S.E.- 2 - Translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Contained Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's The Noise, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)