There's a lone car out on the highway
a car without a home,
a car nobody knows
a car all alone,
driving down the empty road.
It drives the long and lonesome highway
looking for a place to rest,
looking for a friend,
someone to bring it in
out of the darkness.
It drives the straight and narrow highway
looking for hitchhikers,
people who need the car,
people who have a heart,
but they haven't come so far.
If there was someone to help out on the highway,
someone to care about,
someone to bring them out
into a little house,
someone to love them now,
it would be so happy on that highway,
feel so free inside,
feel so alive,
have more strength to fight
on this road of life.
There's a lone car out on the highway.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lone Car by Kelly Zion )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid