There's a lone car out on the highway
a car without a home,
a car nobody knows
a car all alone,
driving down the empty road.
It drives the long and lonesome highway
looking for a place to rest,
looking for a friend,
someone to bring it in
out of the darkness.
It drives the straight and narrow highway
looking for hitchhikers,
people who need the car,
people who have a heart,
but they haven't come so far.
If there was someone to help out on the highway,
someone to care about,
someone to bring them out
into a little house,
someone to love them now,
it would be so happy on that highway,
feel so free inside,
feel so alive,
have more strength to fight
on this road of life.
There's a lone car out on the highway.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lone Car by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola