Here - here is the blade.
See there the tell-tale stain's impact;
Did I not thrust it to your very heart?
Yet in all your babble where is once the proof
That one - yes, even one - blood droplet fell?
Ah - you withhold the truth -
And I say lies - lies is what you tell.
Here - here is the smile.
And would you have immortality
Snared from the traps that you have set for me?
To thwart your scheme I long since have forgiven.
See now this strength - do I not wear it well?
Ah - to overestimate your worth -
That would be lies - lies I will not tell.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Few if any may realize where this came from.
©Copyright Adeline Foster
Comments about this poem (, -lies by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Cant Afford To..., Bieze Josephat
- Life's Bizarre Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- War's Homecoming, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rome, Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
- LET MORE ROOM FOR LOVE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- His Santa Claus, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pa And The Monthly Bills, Edgar Albert Guest
- Cleaning The Furnace, Edgar Albert Guest
- Just A Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- When We Play The Fool, Edgar Albert Guest