Here - here is the blade.
See there the tell-tale stain's impact;
Did I not thrust it to your very heart?
Yet in all your babble where is once the proof
That one - yes, even one - blood droplet fell?
Ah - you withhold the truth -
And I say lies - lies is what you tell.
Here - here is the smile.
And would you have immortality
Snared from the traps that you have set for me?
To thwart your scheme I long since have forgiven.
See now this strength - do I not wear it well?
Ah - to overestimate your worth -
That would be lies - lies I will not tell.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Few if any may realize where this came from.
©Copyright Adeline Foster
Comments about this poem (, -lies by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Baby, you are poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Thanking My Mother for Piano Lessons, Diane Wakoski
- Risa, Matthew Hunt
- Inside Out, Diane Wakoski
- Blue Monday, Diane Wakoski
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery
- ray of sunshine, ademola oluwabusayo
- what kills you; helps me live, Rodney R. Cooper