Bloom Of Youth
Your day will come little girl, little girl,
Be patient today and tomorrow.
Sip gently the nectar of awakening love,
Deep drafts are harbingers of sorrow.*
Guard wisely the blush of your opening bud-
One blossom is all you're allotted.
The body betrays and the heart is deceived
In throes of first passion besotted.
For many a dewdrop of love comes your way
To pluck at impatient heart strings,
But dew drops evaporate in the sun's ray,
Sip gently awaiting well-springs.
That first gentle thrill as your petals unfurl,
Like a breeze passing over the skin,
Can turn to a tempest and rage uncontrolled
To lead you astray from within.
Pluck not the bud and hand careless away-
No bud that is plucked ever blossoms
'Til down the footpaths of your slated day
True love will at last come a-walking.
*harbinger: a precedent; to go before
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloom Of Youth by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- I need you., Tyler Anhorn
- Cosmic soul., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What's up, dude..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Automatic Weaponry...And Kids….Ain't Chi.., James B. Earley
- I'll pray you never run away, Mark Heathcote
- See and please come, gajanan mishra
- The Wind, Sara Militello
- Death.. My Ultimate Inspiration, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Further Trivializing Their Quick To Get .., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- let's get whimsical..., Mandolyn ...