Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Letter To My Rose (Part A)
So down and weary I sojourn
Seeking but a comfort dose
To restore my dear strength out-worn
And then met you this cool rose.
Your blossoming so menacing;
Your appeal so magical;
Your tissues my nose be breathing;
Now long I but your petal.
Just as I walk into your world
So blossom deep into mine
And keep me warm to face the storm
And in the rain keep me thine.
In your blest ovary bury me;
Wind-shield me with your petal;
Change all around me 'cause of me;
Hold me, keep me magical.
Your filament I vow not break
As I thrust my fears on you
And you make me safe on your breath.
Oh blest I cause I found you!
Night will be a pretty beauty
With your petals round my side;
Coming from a pretty beauty
I can coolly face the rise.
The swirling of your soft petal
And the scent of your anther
Filling me like bliss eternal
And taking me the night far.
Oh rose, you must be from above
Wherefrom, dear, you so descend
For taking poor me to above
Making my spirit ascend.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Letter To My Rose (Part A) by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- July 31,2014, Erica Borges
- Where Did It Go To?, Brian Johnston
- The Unapologetic Apology To My Mother (A.., Maurice Harris
- she is fading and then the night swallow.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Find Me, Amanda Houston
- looking at the universe in our very call.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Forging On..., David Lessard