The Silent Sword
Roots from a seed,
A stem from the roots,
A bole from the stem,
Branchlets from the bole.
A tree from an era.
The little leaf—
Detached from the tree—gently landed
On the clear surface of the little lake,
Floating away beyond my sight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leave-ing by The Silent Sword )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr