Kitty In A Cowboy Hat
Kitty in a cowboy hat,
what's wrong little kitty cat?
Why is your smile gentle, but sad?
Why are your eyes twisted around?
Why can't you cry, little kitty cat?
Is it because your cowboy hat
is so sweet it won't let you down?
What if you fell to the ground?
What if your cowboy hat broken in half?
What if you had no reason left to stand?
Would you crumple to your knees?
Would your heart break down and bleed?
Could we finally see
the hurt you've been trying to hide?
Or are you just smiling 'cause it's sweet
kitty in a cowboy hat?
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kitty In A Cowboy Hat by Kelly Zion )
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote
- Blue ink, Donnie Wolff
- Tossing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Insanity, John Masaitis
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow