Kitty In A Cowboy Hat
Kitty in a cowboy hat,
what's wrong little kitty cat?
Why is your smile gentle, but sad?
Why are your eyes twisted around?
Why can't you cry, little kitty cat?
Is it because your cowboy hat
is so sweet it won't let you down?
What if you fell to the ground?
What if your cowboy hat broken in half?
What if you had no reason left to stand?
Would you crumple to your knees?
Would your heart break down and bleed?
Could we finally see
the hurt you've been trying to hide?
Or are you just smiling 'cause it's sweet
kitty in a cowboy hat?
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kitty In A Cowboy Hat by Kelly Zion )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 March 1819 – 1889)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Beautiful Inside, Paul Holmes
Poem of the Day
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Speak With You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Virtuous Acts, Leong Ming Loong
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan