T (no first name) Wignesan
It Pitter-Patters Down My Heart: Translation Of Paul Verlaine's Il Pleure Dans Mon Coeur
(Another possible translation of Paul Verlaine’s « Il pleure dans mon cœur » by T. Wignesan)
It pitter-patters down my heart
Just as it does over the town.
What’s this languorous thought
Which creeps into my heart?
Oh! the gentle tred of the rain
On the ground and on roof-tops!
For a heart which is in chagrin
Oh! the music that is rain!
It rains without rhyme or cause
In this heart which constricts.
What! No treacherous force?
Plunges me in mourning’s remorse.
Well, the worst possible sentence
Is to leave me with not even a clue,
Bereft of love and hate - whence
My heart founders under sentence.
T (no first name) Wignesan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (It Pitter-Patters Down My Heart: Translation Of Paul Verlaine's Il Pleure Dans Mon Coeur by T (no first name) Wignesan )
- DR.JOSE RIZAL the Hero and the great Mal.., Antonio Liao
- ಧೂಮ್ರಪಾನ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)