I walk by the road,
I try to say “ hi”
But it seems
As if I do not exist.
I can talk to you
But you won’t care.
I can tell you what’s best,
But you won’t change your mind.
I can show you what I love,
But still to the opposite side we go.
I can say “ no”
But you’ll do it
Just as if I said “ yes”.
I am so invisible,
That you don’t even notice
What I shall or can do.
And I won’t give up,
Though at least if I’m invisible
I can grab your things
And give them to the poor.
I can wait until it’s midnight
Grab your kayak
And simply experience my world.
I can use all your hatred
And transform it into good,
Though you will never notice.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invisible by Karen GonzalezVidela )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Diagrams Of Language, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael P. McParland