In The Blessed Potpourri Pot
I am as a favored blend of potpourri,
Sweet scented and delicately arranged,
Fragrantly selected by the Mighty Rose of Sharon His self!
I am treasured by God's choosing.
His hand has overcome me, seasoned me, humbled me,
Honored me and refined me.
Through trials and tribulations His Rod and Staff have formed me.
He is my Rock of Ages, my Corner Stone, my Firm Foundation,
My Master, My Saviour, My Redeemer,
He is transforming me from Glory to Glory...
All my days are written in His Book,
It is He that determined my very breaths, where I will live,
He knows when I sit down and when I rise up,
He knows everything about me,
Oh Lord, my God....who am I to deserve your affections and attentions?
Who am I that you would die for me? !
Sweet, sweet Jesus..
Thank you for loving me,
Oh Lord my God....on humble knee I quiver with awe and gratitude,
That you have answered my prayers above and beyond all wonder! !
For you have sent me a Mighty Man of God,
A God Warrior....A Man after God's own Heart! !
A man of excellance! A man of Distinction,
A discerning man who knows what he wants...
A dreamer of dreams...a mover and a shaker.
A Stealth Eagle soaring with wisdom and knowledge.
Oh Lord, my God...
I am intoxicated with a burning desire to behold my beloved,
My eyes seek his face,
My heart, pulsating...echoing deep into the mountains,
Sending forth viberant S.O.S. signals,
Knocking on the door of his heart.
I am as a puppy dog begging scraps from his masters table,
Wagging my tail at the site of him, and sitting pretty,
Crying at his feet, always wanton for more and more of him.
Surely he must love my puppy dog eyes and not mind mine drooling over him....
For he is my beloved...my gift from God!
By a mighty move from my Masters hand to my beloveds heart,
My beloved unleashes upon me the very majesty and essance of God's own Glory!
For God is a God of Love that pours forth blessings upon who He wills,
God takes pleasure in the midst of marriage,
Where two or more are gathered, He is there in the midst.
The Lord our God...restores my soul,
Through my beloved's own heart,
As my love pours out of me, giving refreshing to the soul of my beloved,
All through the mercy and grace of God Himself.
Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Blessed Potpourri Pot by Cambridge Keenan )
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 43: When most I wink, then do min.., William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)