Jessel Jane Tevar
*In His Eyes
In his eyes are empty wells
where waters only flow endless
when I stare;
and in his eyes are dark skies
where stars only shine endless
when I glare.
You'll hear in his voice silent graveyards
where melodies only stream endless
when to me he sings...
and together in his lips lie broken leaves
where flowers only bloom endless
when to me he speaks.
In his cheeks are forsaken streets
but sweetest heaven in my eye;
in his heart are dying secrets
that live in mine, I know not why.
I read in his soul forgotten poems
that i write immortal in these lines.
For in his worst, I love him best.
Jessel Jane Tevar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*In His Eyes by Jessel Jane Tevar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Lizard Said Yes, Tony Adah
- For real this time, yashovardhan kulkarni
- hey hog rider, does the roof have ricket.., Mandolyn ...
- my hair is still growing as fast as the .., Mandolyn ...
- New Mexico Sky, Taiko
- The Truth Lays, Michael P. McParland
- I Pledge My Life Unto Thine Word, Dr John Celes
- Hope in the Good, yashovardhan kulkarni
- Dogged, Chris Ajiduah
- Whew-phew! Breathtaking Fairies Stood in.., Harindhar Reddy