Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
If Life's A Dream!
The rose today smiles; 'morrow dies.
The seeming desire perches; flies.
As the rainbow of the sky dies;
The sunset thinning with sunrise.
If life's but a dream;
What would your life mean?
Where would your sun beam?
Where would your thread seam?
What if your eyes in unknown dream
Are doomed to be shut so adream?
If we must unshut them someday
Only in The One to awake?
Some live a lie and think it's a life;
Some live on fright and think it's a flight;
Some live a mile and think it's a mine;
Some throw a fight and think it's a might.
If life's all but a dream;
Would you be mean or meek?
Would you be weak or thick?
Would you grin or be grim?
All such I've lived: the two edges;
Cold I'd been but warm now I beam;
Hard I'd been but soft now I am;
Love's foe been but now love's own beam.
If life's all but a dream,
I may awake asmile;
If a reality,
I might have lived it right.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If Life's A Dream! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Many people, hasmukh amathalal
- Life is funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- America the Beautiful, oskar hansen
- freedom, marriam anderson
- insane, marriam anderson
- A Man Of No Patience, Sir Toby
- Philosophy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Rose Flower, Akhtar Jawad
- For A Friend, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)