Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
If Life's A Dream!
The rose today smiles; 'morrow dies.
The seeming desire perches; flies.
As the rainbow of the sky dies;
The sunset thinning with sunrise.
If life's but a dream;
What would your life mean?
Where would your sun beam?
Where would your thread seam?
What if your eyes in unknown dream
Are doomed to be shut so adream?
If we must unshut them someday
Only in The One to awake?
Some live a lie and think it's a life;
Some live on fright and think it's a flight;
Some live a mile and think it's a mine;
Some throw a fight and think it's a might.
If life's all but a dream;
Would you be mean or meek?
Would you be weak or thick?
Would you grin or be grim?
All such I've lived: the two edges;
Cold I'd been but warm now I beam;
Hard I'd been but soft now I am;
Love's foe been but now love's own beam.
If life's all but a dream,
I may awake asmile;
If a reality,
I might have lived it right.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If Life's A Dream! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- One Law To Rule Them All?, Terence G. Craddock
- A Maori Prince Immune From Convictions, Terence G. Craddock
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick