Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
If Life's A Dream!
The rose today smiles; 'morrow dies.
The seeming desire perches; flies.
As the rainbow of the sky dies;
The sunset thinning with sunrise.
If life's but a dream;
What would your life mean?
Where would your sun beam?
Where would your thread seam?
What if your eyes in unknown dream
Are doomed to be shut so adream?
If we must unshut them someday
Only in The One to awake?
Some live a lie and think it's a life;
Some live on fright and think it's a flight;
Some live a mile and think it's a mine;
Some throw a fight and think it's a might.
If life's all but a dream;
Would you be mean or meek?
Would you be weak or thick?
Would you grin or be grim?
All such I've lived: the two edges;
Cold I'd been but warm now I beam;
Hard I'd been but soft now I am;
Love's foe been but now love's own beam.
If life's all but a dream,
I may awake asmile;
If a reality,
I might have lived it right.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If Life's A Dream! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)