Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
If Life's A Dream!
The rose today smiles; 'morrow dies.
The seeming desire perches; flies.
As the rainbow of the sky dies;
The sunset thinning with sunrise.
If life's but a dream;
What would your life mean?
Where would your sun beam?
Where would your thread seam?
What if your eyes in unknown dream
Are doomed to be shut so adream?
If we must unshut them someday
Only in The One to awake?
Some live a lie and think it's a life;
Some live on fright and think it's a flight;
Some live a mile and think it's a mine;
Some throw a fight and think it's a might.
If life's all but a dream;
Would you be mean or meek?
Would you be weak or thick?
Would you grin or be grim?
All such I've lived: the two edges;
Cold I'd been but warm now I beam;
Hard I'd been but soft now I am;
Love's foe been but now love's own beam.
If life's all but a dream,
I may awake asmile;
If a reality,
I might have lived it right.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If Life's A Dream! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
- the second stanza is why you bought my b.., Mandolyn ...
- Te Acordaras De Mi, Adriana Avila
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)