I brought you a whine
Stay by me as I gamble away a life
See, I am eagle and why don’t you be the sky?
See, I am green and why, you could be life.
See, I am a pill, be sleep if you could.
It is time you had been the moonlight
And not the tears dressed as perspiration.
So, I look at point black so I could see you
Show me the steps to simplification of the sum
So many hellos and hi – distant and sans arguments
But I know there is no place for me
On the scorching afternoon in their inner room.
Stay nearby and look at me when it is time
See, I am the blues and I could smile if you be the groove.
See, I am illness. Why don’t you be romanticism?
See, I am delirium and you could be intelligence.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I brought you a whine by Debanjan Dhar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- tanka 3, oskar hansen
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones