I brought you a whine
Stay by me as I gamble away a life
See, I am eagle and why don’t you be the sky?
See, I am green and why, you could be life.
See, I am a pill, be sleep if you could.
It is time you had been the moonlight
And not the tears dressed as perspiration.
So, I look at point black so I could see you
Show me the steps to simplification of the sum
So many hellos and hi – distant and sans arguments
But I know there is no place for me
On the scorching afternoon in their inner room.
Stay nearby and look at me when it is time
See, I am the blues and I could smile if you be the groove.
See, I am illness. Why don’t you be romanticism?
See, I am delirium and you could be intelligence.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I brought you a whine by Debanjan Dhar )
- आबौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
- Zur Wiederkehr meines Todes, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We shall overcome someday...for Ferguson.., Chenou Liu
- Partnership, gajanan mishra
- The Hydrangea, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)