His Rock A-billy Star
The only part that niggles,
Are the scratchy little squiggles,
That happen when she giggles,
As she attempts to write a song.
She wants a yellow pick-up,
But her tunes aren't worth a hick-up,
So she contemplates a stick-up,
If her boyfriend comes along.
Her boyfriend plays a fiddle,
Now she's got him in the middle,
Cause he loves her just a little,
But he knows what's right from wrong.
His feelings he's been sorting,
And his efforts are rewarding,
When he teaches her some cording,
On his neglected old guitar.
She's feminine and frilly,
His beguiling little filly,
She plays that rock a-billy,
And he knows he's got a star!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Rock A-billy Star by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner
- Courage, Jenn Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jenn Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jenn Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jenn Toner