Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
Here Lies The Death of Love...
For, in Love we will realize-
The glare of truth within the eyes,
Can not be masqued by ornate lies,
Can not take hold its ivory ties,
Can not sleep with the lambs forsooth-
Nor settle for inane half-truths.
And, bereft of passions quantum sum,
Love must fade like distant drums.
Love must play its Death anthem.
© 2014-All rights reserved
Frank James Ryan Jr. / FjR
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Here Lies The Death of Love... by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak