Have u ever found yourself drowning in the pool of your tears;
And finding a way of escape fills you with fear?
Ever lost all inspiration and motivation
And all you've got is a heart beating with desperation?
Ever searched inside for that hero that lives in you;
And all you can find is an emptiness staring back at you?
Ever lifted your eyes to seek hope from the sky;
And you can't even find a sign to bring to you a smile?
Ever been lost between the deep blue sea and the devil;
And run from death just to enter a worse peril?
And when you lift up your voice to scream and yell,
All you can say is 'Heaven help'?
I'm down on my knees
Heaven hear me, please
With the faintest of breath
You cry from the valley of death
The sun's shinning
Lift your head up
Wipe the tears off
Stewart Gideon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heaven Help! by Stewart Gideon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray
- On Learning in Texas of East Coast Winte.., Bill Grace
- I'm ill, lee fones
- Goodnight My Love, Michael P. McParland