Standing among the inconsolable.
Shoulders meet, faces greet.
Unshedded tears gasping for air.
Painted with the buds of sweet smells
Reminiscing of a life that once stood
among this vibrant cluster of hues.
Her eyes reflecting
Shades of yesterdays
hazed over with red, white and blue.
My arm wraps around her,
a simple hold releases
the sea of tears crashing
into her hands.
All we've known, oceans apart.
All we are, side by side.
Words never uttered
Everything is spoken.
Only love will keep her afloat.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heartsick by Mo Piquette )
- Dreams Of Expectations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the poet in you..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Doornock Advice, douglas scotney
- Ghazal-Zindigi, Akhtar Jawad
- i will delete this later, Mandolyn ...
- Moonlight Walks, Rajnish Manga
- 3 Dimensions Of Word, sallam yassin
- Dancing in her mind, Aftab Alam
- A C T C - 2014/10 Official Entries - Vot.., Brian Johnston
- ENID STILL HUNGRY, Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Moment, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)