He wore tarnish proudly.
Not like a badge,
More like one of those enigmatic rune tattoos
that littered his skin like checkmarks on a bad students paper.
You know the type...
the piercings, the ink, the punk-red shock of 'hair without boundaries'
He had meticulously cataloged his every indiscretion,
I found myself leaping to his defense,
but he would have none of that.
'It's who I am. It's what I've done.'
Just another River Boy,
A tourist in the dream scape of reality.
He wandered onto the ruins of the unknown..
As his mind sought out the universe in
the starry skies above.
He understood the signs
that others are still trying to decipher.
Symbols written in stone with blood,
and messages chiseled on the soul by the wind.
They say that you can 'catch' a glimpse,
But this is no more possible
Than folding smoke in your fingers.
The firmer your grip, the less you will hold
May you find a newer,
gentler path among the stars.
And may it be your trumpet
To herald the end.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glimpse by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
- Siberian Tiger, Denis Martindale
- Hanae, Marites C. Cayetano
- Adagio, Elizabeth Shield
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)