How do you want to die?
How do you want to live?
I want to die by my river
and that's how I want to live.
Where do you want to go?
Where do you want your stone?
By the weeping cherry trees,
where I'll never weep alone.
Oh, where would you like to stay?
Where would you like your grave?
Where would you like to be buried?
In the Georgia obituary.
Oh, where do you want your funeral to be?
Who's gonna write your eulogy?
Just make it a short piece of poetry
and let me sink in my river and then be free.
And tomorrow write my story
in the Georgia obituary
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Georgia Obituary by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dreamt About You, abigail sikwenda
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta