Wild in its natural form,
Spring is in full bloom,
April in the flatlands,
Mountain time is June,
Snow has slowly melted,
Moisture swells the earth,
Seeds await, germination,
Not all will experience birth.
Yellow, blues; purple, reds,
Shapes draped into a cluster,
Busy bees cross pollinate,
Sunshine brings on the luster.
Some lasting throughout the fall,
Others only a few weeks,
No matter how long colors bloom,
Outstanding in their peaks.
A Ruby Throated Hummingbird,
Feeds endlessly on the nectar,
Wild Flower anthers and pistils,
Tiny body becomes the collector.
Soon will fade into summer’s heat,
Annuals begin making seed,
Reassure they’ll be back next year,
Nature at the helm; Godspeed.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fragrant Flowers by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi