FOR ALL MY CHIDREN
Perhaps if things were different,
If I planned another life,
I wonder how it would have affected you.
What would you be like if things were only different?
Maybe we could have given you more,
If there was more money to go around with four kids,
The newest designer jeans, pump up shoes, the latest gt snow racer?
Perhaps your own car would been the answer?
And I wonder would it have mattered?
Would it have made you more secure? more confident in yourself?
Happier, selfassured, more filled with joy?
I remeber all the laughter, all the smiles, brown eyes looking up at me with innocent security,
Safe, secure, happy children...
Oh the vaccations we failed to tour the world with you...
Pardon me, it was not in the parenting manuel,
Since I could not give you more material things...
Have I really given you less?
For I gave you the gift of brothers, and sisters,
I gave you the gift of family, both near and far, and friends galore,
I gave you the gift of unconditional love,
I gave you the gift of life!
As with all gifts given us,
We have the choice to treasure and accept it, exchange it,
Or just throw it away...
What shall your choice be?
......................................... ..AUG 1992....Cambridge Keenan
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FOR ALL MY CHIDREN by Cambridge Keenan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma