It's Not Raining
'Hi there, it is cloudy here and raining', he said.
'What's it like where you are? ' he inquired.
' It is not raining was my reply, '
' The earth is weeping I tried to explain, '
'Is there something wrong that happen today? ', he caringly searches my part.
'The earth is weeping and her tears soak my heart '.
An American Officer looses two men,
His only relative, a son of tweleve awaits word from his dad.
Sad news is in the air, and it's bad.
Korea and Iran add more dispair,
To the ears of the soldier and son waiting there.
'Will our soldiers ever come home? ' I plead,
As I hear the news, more disaster I read.
'What's happening to our world? , I beg his knowledge to share
' Very bad things are happening all around, ' he cared.
' The earth is weeping, her tears soak my heart, ' say I
' Is that sorta poetic he asks in reply? '
Bullet proof vests are being designed for school children to don,
Will they also have protective head gear on?
Will thier innocent faces be veiled in armor,
Will thier eyes be hidden Mr. Plamer?
The earth she is weeping, her tears soak my heart.
I am lost in a world without knowng my part.
A teenage girl, beauty of life, sparkling as the sun,
A gang rape, pictures plastered online of some sick freaks idea of fun,
Her innocence stolen and betrayed, now a prisoner of unrest,
Sucide called her name and she answered its door,
Another teen gone and what for?
Her abusers run free, they laugh and play,
It's not suppose to be this way!
It is not raining, the earth she is weeping kind Sir.
A child of four picks up a gun and shoots his friend of six,
He laughs and giggles at the amazing new trick,
But wait he cries and screams in fear,
Why does his friend not rise and cheer.
In a white box, he wonders why, his friend is going,
Did not say goodbye,
Just fell right asleep and won't wake up. Why?
It isn't raining today kind Sir,
The earth she is weeping, her tears soak my heart
Something is wrong and I feel sad,
Something is wrong and I feel mad.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (It's Not Raining by Cambridge Keenan )
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Frost Chills, Cathy Hodgson
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)