It's Not Raining
'Hi there, it is cloudy here and raining', he said.
'What's it like where you are? ' he inquired.
' It is not raining was my reply, '
' The earth is weeping I tried to explain, '
'Is there something wrong that happen today? ', he caringly searches my part.
'The earth is weeping and her tears soak my heart '.
An American Officer looses two men,
His only relative, a son of tweleve awaits word from his dad.
Sad news is in the air, and it's bad.
Korea and Iran add more dispair,
To the ears of the soldier and son waiting there.
'Will our soldiers ever come home? ' I plead,
As I hear the news, more disaster I read.
'What's happening to our world? , I beg his knowledge to share
' Very bad things are happening all around, ' he cared.
' The earth is weeping, her tears soak my heart, ' say I
' Is that sorta poetic he asks in reply? '
Bullet proof vests are being designed for school children to don,
Will they also have protective head gear on?
Will thier innocent faces be veiled in armor,
Will thier eyes be hidden Mr. Plamer?
The earth she is weeping, her tears soak my heart.
I am lost in a world without knowng my part.
A teenage girl, beauty of life, sparkling as the sun,
A gang rape, pictures plastered online of some sick freaks idea of fun,
Her innocence stolen and betrayed, now a prisoner of unrest,
Sucide called her name and she answered its door,
Another teen gone and what for?
Her abusers run free, they laugh and play,
It's not suppose to be this way!
It is not raining, the earth she is weeping kind Sir.
A child of four picks up a gun and shoots his friend of six,
He laughs and giggles at the amazing new trick,
But wait he cries and screams in fear,
Why does his friend not rise and cheer.
In a white box, he wonders why, his friend is going,
Did not say goodbye,
Just fell right asleep and won't wake up. Why?
It isn't raining today kind Sir,
The earth she is weeping, her tears soak my heart
Something is wrong and I feel sad,
Something is wrong and I feel mad.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (It's Not Raining by Cambridge Keenan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform
- Light, Isaac Maliya
- Trapped in a dewy glistening web, Mark Heathcote