A Heart On Ice
My heart is as land locked as the Artic ocean,
The brokeness of a lost love is the age of a new dawining
A shift in the current of age and time,
Major factors formed before the foundations of the world was set,
Whence a Maryland plate collided with a Canadiana plate,
There became a chemical attraction growing,
Perculating, effervescant, on fire,
Discovery...one heart to another,
Explorers of minds and thoughts establishing an unbreakable bond,
Two hearts tremble in fear and awe creating an earthquake of desire and passions,
Love and lust...lust and love...and deeper love,
Like ocean currents warming and cooling, cooling and warming, then cooling...
Until faults supress their movements,
A gravitional force changes one heart to form ice sheets,
An ice berg floats by...
Its strength shattering my heart...
Fear....false evidence appearing real...
Cold feet....warm heart,
Put some socks on those cold feet baby,
And return your heart of love to me
All I want in life is to be with you...
If you want that too...
I know I'm not pretty and you could have any girl in the world...
But I do love you with my humble heart,
There is nothing I would not do for you....
I love you LP
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Heart On Ice by Cambridge Keenan )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)