A Heart On Ice
My heart is as land locked as the Artic ocean,
The brokeness of a lost love is the age of a new dawining
A shift in the current of age and time,
Major factors formed before the foundations of the world was set,
Whence a Maryland plate collided with a Canadiana plate,
There became a chemical attraction growing,
Perculating, effervescant, on fire,
Discovery...one heart to another,
Explorers of minds and thoughts establishing an unbreakable bond,
Two hearts tremble in fear and awe creating an earthquake of desire and passions,
Love and lust...lust and love...and deeper love,
Like ocean currents warming and cooling, cooling and warming, then cooling...
Until faults supress their movements,
A gravitional force changes one heart to form ice sheets,
An ice berg floats by...
Its strength shattering my heart...
Fear....false evidence appearing real...
Cold feet....warm heart,
Put some socks on those cold feet baby,
And return your heart of love to me
All I want in life is to be with you...
If you want that too...
I know I'm not pretty and you could have any girl in the world...
But I do love you with my humble heart,
There is nothing I would not do for you....
I love you LP
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Heart On Ice by Cambridge Keenan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The City Sleeps, michael hagwood
- POET'S ODE TO HIS WASTEPAPER BASKET, Beryl Dov
- Nature nature!, Abdullah alHemaidy
- POET'S WORDS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BEARING WITNESS, Beryl Dov
- UNFULFILLED VS. CONSUMMATED LIFE 10 WORD.., Beryl Dov
- Talking Paprika!, Kamini Arichandran
- MURDER 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Small Philosophical Poem, Anne Stevenson
- A Surprise on the First Day of School, Anne Stevenson