Gramma can I come and stay?
My mommy got hurt when she tried to play,
A horsie threw her off its back,
Gramma just imagine that.
Mommy she got hurt real bad,
It Scared me gramma and I feel sad,
Daddy works hard for all of us,
Travis goes to school on the bus,
So gramma can I come and stay?
I promise I won't be in your way!
Thanks gramma for lettin' me come,
I doddled gramma, please change my bum!
Golly gramma I'm a hungry guy
Please feed me gramma before I cry,
I know you got work to do gramma and that's o.k,
I'll just sit right here with my toys and play,
Gramma gramma where did you go?
I'll help you gramma son't you know,
Hold me gramma on your hip,
I'll hang on so I don't slip.
Gee gramma this vaccuming's fun,
But is takes too long are we almost done?
Gramma I miss mommy can she come too?
A bed in the dining room will do,
Mommy and me can be your guests,
I love you gramma, your the best!
Gramma let's play horsie some more,
Come on gramma get on the floor,
I'll giggle, and laugh, and smile for you,
'Cause I got nothing better to do,
I'm tired gramma can I rest my head?
Thanks gramma for gettin my bed,
Wake up gramma it's the middle of the night,
And I need you gramma to hold me tight,
I really like your company,
Gramma will you please rock me?
I can smack my lips gramma, isn't that neat,
I love you gramma, you can't be beat,
Gramma, mommy's getting better every day
And I'd like to take this time to say,
Thanks gramma for all you've done,
Admit it gramma, it's been fun!
..............................for baby christopher xox
.......................................... ... CJK Cambridge Keenan...
.................................... .............1983 ish
Like · · Shar
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEAR GRAMMA by Cambridge Keenan )
- Bridegroom to His Bride, Frank Avon
- What Is Life?, Abhishek Dubey
- Useless exercise, hasmukh amathalal
- Never letting, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
- A Wrenched Knee, Jeff Gangwer
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Like the Touch of Rain, Edward Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)