Six years of angst, since you spew me out of your mouth,
And how many more whereby you blew lies, naked to the wind of the world.
A party of peril, you roasted me as a chestnut that fell through the campfire grid,
It's all bad news, it's all wrong...forever wrong.
Your pride, your ignorance, your ego, your shame forever,
You keep it...it belongs to you...makers of strife,
One day, sorrow will be yours,
For what you sow, you shall also reap,
The Grim Reaper is counting time down
Many will be your tears,
Agony of heart shall be your reward...
The love of your anger has stolen your mind and controls you,
Decieved, you have been so decieved..
................. ................................................. ....................... Cambridge Keenan 2013 Oct 11.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE ROAST by Cambridge Keenan )
- May I help you?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm CV, John Vicars
- Here and there هون و هنيك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- tear water, gordon nosworthy
- People's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Every letter has its own address المكتوب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Forlorn, Katinka Havermans
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)