Six years of angst, since you spew me out of your mouth,
And how many more whereby you blew lies, naked to the wind of the world.
A party of peril, you roasted me as a chestnut that fell through the campfire grid,
It's all bad news, it's all wrong...forever wrong.
Your pride, your ignorance, your ego, your shame forever,
You keep it...it belongs to you...makers of strife,
One day, sorrow will be yours,
For what you sow, you shall also reap,
The Grim Reaper is counting time down
Many will be your tears,
Agony of heart shall be your reward...
The love of your anger has stolen your mind and controls you,
Decieved, you have been so decieved..
................. ................................................. ....................... Cambridge Keenan 2013 Oct 11.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE ROAST by Cambridge Keenan )
- No Love Lost For My Questioning Love, Sfisesihle Nxumalo
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)