Six years of angst, since you spew me out of your mouth,
And how many more whereby you blew lies, naked to the wind of the world.
A party of peril, you roasted me as a chestnut that fell through the campfire grid,
It's all bad news, it's all wrong...forever wrong.
Your pride, your ignorance, your ego, your shame forever,
You keep it...it belongs to you...makers of strife,
One day, sorrow will be yours,
For what you sow, you shall also reap,
The Grim Reaper is counting time down
Many will be your tears,
Agony of heart shall be your reward...
The love of your anger has stolen your mind and controls you,
Decieved, you have been so decieved..
................. ................................................. ....................... Cambridge Keenan 2013 Oct 11.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE ROAST by Cambridge Keenan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bleeding, May Swenson
- Men, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Bells, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Turning points., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Hold, Nur Danial
- Adil Jussawalla The Man & The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I love and love and love you, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Swept The Sound in The Night, Mapung Madura
- Haiku 'leaves ', miken newman
- Much more powerful, gajanan mishra
- Lahoo, Lahoo Ek Dastaan, Yasmeen Khan
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau