Palas Kumar Ray
Folly Of A Lover Boy
The boy had something else to tell
about some other girl
as if he was in a hurry to show
an honesty certificate must
to win over her heart.
So directly and indirectly he tried
to say his prelude to the girl.
But where on earth was a girl ever
ready to listen such a song
The boy was dying for the girl
as much as he died once earlier.
If never loved someone in childhood
you won't understand how
the boy wasn't doing everything wrong.
Rest is his fate that he loses
his soul mate to a monster called time
and also the girl he loved now
to other monster called common sense
for she had also an illiterate heart.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Folly Of A Lover Boy by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Haunted By You, Wilma Horne
- Descent Into Hate, Wilma Horne
- Friendship Fade Out, Wilma Horne
- Contradict, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Common Sense, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Love's Slow Death, Wilma Horne
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)