The more grudge
the more heavy
A soul would be:
Useless broken wing.
Is it possible to forgive others?
But how to forgive others
if we don't forgive self?
It takes time and is hard,
so hard that we can hear
own voice scorning:
'Why? How could I act so stupidly? '
But there are lucky times
when we can find an answer:
We all do mistakes
maybe we needed to learn something
We may be anger filled...
What helps us to get rid of anger?
We could try to focus on a beautiful thing.
Most simple, like the color
of the sweater or a smartly tied shoelace.
The ceilings, or the floor, a tune or a word..
It wanders a big part of anger away.
For the big hurt takes more time and effort
way harder, but it is not impossible.
A long craddle into the arms of nature,
Sitting on the grass under a tree
watching a river, or the ocean
may take the grudge far into the horizon
Such may be a best healing medication.
Trying to connect, once, I could hear whispers:
'I forgive you humans everyday,
how could you do the otherwise?
Forgive yourself! '
Of course we can't forgive
everything all the time
Able to forgive myself,
Huge happiness fills the void.
No heavy pain
and useful again:
The wings of my soul.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flying soul by Elena Sandu )
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Beyond, Fabrizio Frosini
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Clearing the void, Phil's Writings
- The Treacherous Bride, Asaolu Abayomi
- Them, Tanja Henderson
- It is time for me to go home, Leong Ming Loong
- Forsaken For Your Sake, Asma Riaz Khan
- Textology - 1. Conditionals, Joseph Archer
- WHAT FOR?, Terry Collett
- 73, GRANT FRASER
- I Shall Not Want, Tiffany Roldan
- List Of Loneliness, Margaret Alice Second