From today, March 1st,
This sunny day,
To 8th of March
Most women of my land
Will smile and pray
Inside their hearts.
For One they Love!
The much loved man
Will hear woman's call.
There he is!
As in her secret thoughts
At her own door:
Holding a bunch of
gentle little snow drops.
She'll have those sweet flowers
Then he will be paid instead
Only one warm but sweetest kiss!
Yet! For the spring to come,
So, now get ready
His time to pray:
She has to kiss him
Nine hundred ninety nine
Let's hope she'll hear,
Get it done.
Spring, will never ever
So, may I say my my pray:
For man to give
their loved ones what they wish
And woman give man
a bit more then a much too little
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Snow drops by Elena Sandu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Poet's Right, Francie Lynch
- Act 1 scene 1 Romeo, Juliet and there me.., lee fones
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman