Finger-licking Bad...... [Bad 'tastes'; Oddities; Eccentricities]
Would you ever wear a striped shirt with green paisley pants?
If I did, I'm sure there'd be no end to the critics' rants.
Imagine a man with a shaved head...., but only on one side.
If he were hitchhiking, would you stop to give him a ride?
Would you give a panhandler wearing a mink coat even a dime?
I'd bet most of you readers would not give her the time.
And if the waiter set in front of you a fish still wiggling in sauce,
I'll bet a few of you readers...., your cookies would toss.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Finger-licking Bad...... [Bad 'tastes'; Oddities; Eccentricities] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)