Friends, I’m a person like you
Who has but enjoyment very few
Who do exist on this earth
But unable to lead a normal life since birth.
I can’t see the Nature around
Or the tall buildings that surround
Like you I can’t enjoy the rain**
Nor the sight of beautiful lane.
I was born in darkness
And I do live in darkness
Dark nights alone surround me
I see everywhere dark around me.
Yes, my dear friend I’m blind
Who has full of darkness ahead
But happy am I with this fate
As like you am not a victim of love and hate! **
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
**Am not a victim of love and hate - means that am not exposed to hatredness and love in a similar manner a normal being is put through.
I hope I have been able to justify the feelers of a blind person in a subtle way and not make the readers difficult to interpret the hidden meanings in this poem.
Thanks to all of you who have read my poem and given in their valuable inputs.
Comments about this poem (Fate by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave