Friends, I’m a person like you
Who has but enjoyment very few
Who do exist on this earth
But unable to lead a normal life since birth.
I can’t see the Nature around
Or the tall buildings that surround
Like you I can’t enjoy the rain**
Nor the sight of beautiful lane.
I was born in darkness
And I do live in darkness
Dark nights alone surround me
I see everywhere dark around me.
Yes, my dear friend I’m blind
Who has full of darkness ahead
But happy am I with this fate
As like you am not a victim of love and hate! **
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
**Am not a victim of love and hate - means that am not exposed to hatredness and love in a similar manner a normal being is put through.
I hope I have been able to justify the feelers of a blind person in a subtle way and not make the readers difficult to interpret the hidden meanings in this poem.
Thanks to all of you who have read my poem and given in their valuable inputs.
Comments about this poem (Fate by Kavya ... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush