A Special Relationship
You are my creator
My mentor, my teacher,
You are the guiding force of my life
Who always help me in times of strife.
I know you are and will always be
by my side,
You are someone above God
And these words I shall always abide.
I saw the world with your eyes
With your help was able to differentiate the good and the bad;
Whenever I went wrong, you corrected me and yelled at me
The privilege which every mom has on her lad.
Yes friends, she is none other than my Mom
A wonderful creation of Almighty,
As God cannot be everywhere
She is the replacement of this holy deity.
Mom, you are the epitome of my existence
The reason for my subsistence,
Howsoever I describe you, I know my words will always fall short
As a mom-child relationship is of that special sort!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Special Relationship by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost