A Special Someone.....
A poem for a Special Someone
Which in mind I always had,
This person who was also once his Mamma's lad
Has dutifully moulded himself to be a great Dad.
As the saying goes, Dad is a son's first hero
And a daughters first love,
Who goes out of the way to meet their demands
Without asking who why what how!
He silently plays his role
Hence his greatness is hardly known,
As Mom usually gets all the credit
Coz in major household chores she usually deems fit.
Dad, you have shown what Family really means (Father And Mother I Love You)
You have nurtured our needs,
I cannot forget your loving and caring nature
Which you have selflessly showered, come any weather!
Words can never thank you enough
For all of your love and tears,
That have shaped me into who I am today
Over these many years.....
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Special Someone..... by Kavya ... )
- Who can Love You More than Me?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You have Made Me Yours, Md. Ziaul Haque
- हाबाब सना, हाबाब मैना, Ronjoy Brahma
- When I will not be Here…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I VISIT MYSELF, ROCHISH MON
- Water Can Speak!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Eye-Catcher, Naveed Khalid
- It's Shakespeare [Sheikspeare] not Sexpe.., Md. Ziaul Haque
- Magician, Naveed Khalid
- snow, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)