Is what always echo in my ears,
Do no think otherwise
This will wipe away your fears.
The moment anything negative
Comes to your mind,
Immediately strike it out
By thinking about something positive.
While praying do not bring
Any negative words in your mind,
Keep chanting only positive
Peace and solace then you will find.
Say, we are stuck in the midst of a bad traffic,
We pray, 'Oh God! I should not get late! '
See a negativity running in our mind
And by God, we are really late!
Our whole day goes bad
We keep blaming the fate like mad,
Instead, a positive prayer, Oh God, May I reach early
Might have worked out fairly!
As one says, its always easier said than done!
As its not really easy to eliminate negative thoughts from our mind,
But surely its possible to strike out the negative,
And thereby make our disturbing thoughts unwind.
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Think Positive by Kavya ... )
- It Made My Day.....(sigh), Kaila George
- Unsure About....., Kaila George
- Love, Joy, Trust & Respect, Tom Zart
- Change, Kaila George
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)