Uttarakhand, The Land of the Gods,
That got struck by the natural disaster,
Teared apart the joyous trip of innocents,
And devastated the families of many!
Rains continued pouring and instead of being a boon,
Acted as a goon,
Killing many innocent lives and
Hampering the religious sentiments of devotees!
Army Men however proved to be the Real Heroes
Nurturing the needs and safety of helpless victims
Dutifully serving and rescuing stranded people at the need of the hour!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (UTTARAKHAND (Acrostic) by Kavya ... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...