Uttarakhand, The Land of the Gods,
That got struck by the natural disaster,
Teared apart the joyous trip of innocents,
And devastated the families of many!
Rains continued pouring and instead of being a boon,
Acted as a goon,
Killing many innocent lives and
Hampering the religious sentiments of devotees!
Army Men however proved to be the Real Heroes
Nurturing the needs and safety of helpless victims
Dutifully serving and rescuing stranded people at the need of the hour!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (UTTARAKHAND (Acrostic) by Kavya ... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov